The Bailey Company is strongly committed to environmental sustainability. While we strive to reduce our environmental impact by investing in renewable energy and efficient technologies, corporate and employee behavior is an equally important pillar of this commitment. In 2020, we became the first TRUE certified zero waste company in Tennessee!
Employee Sustainability Agreement
- Reduce energy and fuel consumption whenever possible. Lights, computers, vehicles etc. should be turned off after work and when not in use.
- Participate in branch recycling and waste reduction efforts.
- Consider the environmental impact of company purchasing decisions.
Employees are encouraged to identify and communicate to management additional ways to reduce the environmental impact of company operations.
Have you considered converting your fleet from IC to AC?
A selection of sustainability policies:
- All of our facilities are heated using the waste oil generated by our equipment, as well as oil collected from our customers’ fleets.
- We have drastically reduced the printing of documents by storing and viewing them electronically, condensing our invoices, etc., encouraging the use of paperless forms of communication and record-keeping.
- We have a formal recycling program in place for paper, cans, bottles, batteries, and most types of tires.
- Our primary lift truck products planned maintenance intervals is now 500 hours, which minimizes the waste of fluid and the need to replace parts.
- We provide customers with the option of reusing parts, rebuild parts, etc, and have a branch specifically dedicated to refurbishing trucks and recycling parts from trucks that have reached the ends of their economic lives.
As a result of these policies, we can already point to some major accomplishments:
- We are Tennessee’s first TRUE certified zero waste company!
- All of our facilities use 100% LED lighting.
- Our goal of fuel use reduction by 15% over the last 4 years has largely been met by replacing 85% of our worst offending vehicles and instituting a 60mph limit on company vans and trucks.
- Many of our vehicles are tracked by GPS in order to monitor fuel usage. Our goal of reusing 100% of reclaimed motor oil has also been met over the past 3 years.
Why go electric?
- On average, overall lifecycle operating costs for electric forklifts are one quarter of the cost compared to internal combusion (IC) lift trucks.
- AC electric pneumatic lift trucks offer flexibility for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Zero exhaust emissions provide a clean environment for your application.
- Electric lift trucks provide reduced fuel expense and lower forklift maintenance costs.
- Electric forklifts help to reduce the impact on the environment by not consuming fossil fuels or emitting greenhouse gases (GHG).
- AC lift trucks offer energy reclamation during braking.
- Your operators will experience lower noise, less vibration and no harmful exhaust emissions with electrics as compared to working with IC forklifts.